Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Blogging NaNoWriMo: Day Two

Current Word Count: 3,887


I finished  Her Fearful Symmetry last night, during the time I should've been writing. (I had a massive headache, so that was my excuse not to write. But I can still read. Even though it makes my head hurt worse.)



I was not a happy camper.

Lemme give you all a one-sentence summary of this book: Twins are weird and ghosts are evil. There we go. I've spared you from having to read this book that was a disappointing follow-up to The Time-Traveler's Wife, which was awesome and great and made me cry. This book did not. This book made me want to throw things across the room. I can't rant sufficiently without spoilers, so I won't rant here, other than to say: skip this if you want to be satisfied. If you really loved TTW, give it a try, perhaps. But it just wasn't for me.

Whoa, way to be a Debbie Downer. As far as writing goes, today has not been productive. I've written about 800 words, but I'm still fairly ahead. I'm already wanting to give up. I think that's a sign that things are going well, when I want to give up.

This is the first year I am going by the seat of my pants. And it's kind of awful and awesome, at the same time.

Tomorrow: I'll introduce you guys to my characters.

Mood, thus far: Annoyed at everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment