Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Blogging NaNoWriMo: Day One

Word Count: 2,878

I am breaking my radio silence to bring you this, my dear neglected readers: I am not writing YA for NaNoWriMo this year. I know, I know. It's a shock to your delicate systems, already hurt by my lack of posts for months and months. However: The Symmetry of Grace still contains a teenage protagonist. It also contains zombies. And it is literary fiction. We'll see how this goes.

I went to a meet-up last night with people at my university and ate a bunch of Warheads while I tried to bang out my daily quota before going to bed. We sat in the breezeway of the dorm I lived in last year and I was disappointed by the lack of coffee. So now I'm in the library, where I've been for two hours, dawdling and drinking a delicious (though now-cold) coffee.

Anywho, here was the announcement I promised: I am going to try to blog every day of November, even on dear Thanksgiving and the days before and after I will be traveling home and back to school. It is going to be rambly. I may do a book review or two, but they'll most likely be on the classics we're reading in my Lit. class or the weird books I'm reading for leisure (right now, it's Her Fearful Symmetry by Audrey Niffenaksdjasegger. Next up, House of Leaves!)

Outlook for the Day: Promising. This may or may not be fueled by coffee and the really cute guy sitting next to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment