Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Teaser Tuesday/ A Little Intro

So, as you may or may not know by the name of my blog, my name is Sam. I'm a senior in high school and chronic procrastinator as well as a lover of words. I run for my high school and I am both the girl's cross country captain and girl's distance track captain. To say I am busy would be an understatement: the majority of my life consists on homework, running, work, and the occasional night out with my boyfriend.

Anyways, I mention all the stuff about running because I have my first track meet of the year tomorrow! Wish me luck, everyone!

And now, for Teaser Tuesday! This little excerpt here is from my rewrite of The Unlikelihood of Nostalgia, a contemporary YA about a girl who gets hit by a car and forgets that past five years of her life. I wrote the entire novel for NaNoWriMo, but it definitely didn't turn out the way I wanted. So, without further ado, here it is:
Snipped! :)

7 comments:

  1. Very intriguing. Poor Zoey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw! That's harsh way too find out. I feel so bad for her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ... Nice, you've really captured the emotion here without over doing it in a soap opera ansty kind of way. Very believable

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ouch. What an intro! Very nice job. Poor Zoey! And I feel really bad for her mom, too. That's rough.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the interaction between her and her mom. The emotions are very tangible.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for all your input, guys! And thanks for becoming my followers. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very intriguing. Makes me want to know how she moves on from this. Does she start running again as a type of therapy? and whats with Zach? Will she and him stay together or what? Nice snip!

    ReplyDelete